COVID-19: Chinese doctors can’t attend to our patients – NMA, NARD

Following the arrival of the 15-member Chinese medical team, the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and the National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria (NARD) have declared they will not allow the Chinese attend or touch any patient. They describe any attempt by the Chinese medical team to manage any patient as unethical and illegal. Asides the donation of equipment by Chinese worth about $1.5m, including test kits, ventilators, disinfection machine, disposable medical masks, N95 masks, medicines, rubber gloves, protective gowns, goggles, face shields, infra-red thermometers and other critical care items, the 15-man medical team have specialties in infectious disease, respiratory illness, intensive care, cardiology, neurology, general surgery and anesthesiology. President of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Dr. Francis Faduyile, told The Nation: “Our

[JUST IN] COVID-19: Chinese doctors arrive Nigeria

Medical doctors from China have arrived the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. The 15- member team hey were received by the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire. The personnel, who are experts in infectious diseases, respiratory illness, intensive care, cardiology, neurology, general surgery and anesthesiology, arrived with 16-ton test kits, ventilators, disinfection machine, disposable medical masks, drugs, infrared thermometer and other items ordered by the Federal Government. Under the directive of the Embassy of China in Nigeria and in response to the Federal Government’s request, the team will also share with their Nigerian counterparts effective methods on COVID-19 containment. They are to commence their stay in Nigeria by spending 14 days in quarantine.

Kidnapped Bauchi gov’s elder brother released from captivity

Mr Adamu Mohammad, an elder brother to Gov. Bala Mohammad of Bauchi State, who was kidnapped by unknown armed gunmen has been released. DSP Kamal Abubakar, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) confirmed the release on Tuesday night. Mohammad was kidnapped at about 7:30 p.m. on March 25, at a tailoring shop in Unguwar Jaki area of Bauchi by four unknown gunmen. Abubakar, who said that victim was released today by his captors, added that he was not aware if any ransom was paid for his release. READ: Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case ”I am not aware of any ransom but from the information available with me, it is confirmed that Mohammad has been released and reunited with

Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 16 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the country, as Kastina and Delta States recorded their first case. NCDC, through its verified Twitter account on Tuesday Night, said that the 16 new cases of COVID-19 included 10 in Lagos, two in the FCT, two in Oyo, one each in both Delta and Katsina States. Consequently, as at 09.30 p.m April 7, there were 254 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in the country. 44 have been discharged, while six deaths had been recorded, it said. NCDC breakdown indicates 130 cases in Lagos; Abuja – 50, Oyo – 10 ; Osun – 20 ; Ogun – four; Kaduna-five; Enugu – two; Akwa Ibom – five

FG declares April 10 and 13, Easter Holidays

Buhari signs N10.594trn 2020 appropriation bill into law

The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13 as public holidays to mark the 2020 Easter Celebration. Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Interior, Georgina Ehuriah who disclosed this in a statement Monday in Abuja said the Interior minister, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, urged Christians in the country to emulate the outstanding characteristics of Jesus Christ amongst which are tolerance, love, peace and compassion. "Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola further called on them to use the occasion of this year’s Easter Celebration to pray for Nigeria and the entire world at this time of global emergency of COVID-19 Pandemic. READ: Buhari declares total lockdown in Lagos, Abuja, Ogun "The Minister appealed to all

Lagos discharges 5 Coronavirus patients, records another death

The Lagos State Government, on Sunday, discharged five more COVID-19 patients. Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, said in a statement on the Update on COVID-19, that those discharged are two males and three females including a 10-year old girl. He said the five patients tested negative twice consecutively to COVID-19 and had been discharged to reunite with their families. Sanwo-Olu, who is the COVID-19 Incident Commander of the state,  said that with the five, a total of 29 patients had fully recovered and discharged from the facility at Yaba. ”It is however sad that the state has recorded another death, bringing to two the total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Lagos state. READ : Check out areas with highest coronavirus cases in Lagos ”Although, there is

COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms 20 New Cases, Total Rises To 210

Nigeria has recorded 20 new cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 210. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) revealed this in a tweet on Friday, hours after it confirmed six cases of coronavirus in Osun State. A breakdown of the latest figure shows that 11 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Lagos, while three cases were confirmed in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Three cases were also reported in Edo and two in Osun, while Ondo State recorded its index case of the disease. READ: Check out areas with highest coronavirus cases in Lagos Meanwhile, the number of people who have recovered from the disease in the country has risen to 25. This followed the news

Check out areas with highest coronavirus cases in Lagos

The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, has released the list of areas with the highest numbers of confirmed cases in the state. According to him, Eti-Osa Local Government Area tops the list with 47 cases, followed by Ikeja – 24; and Lagos Mainland – 14. Abayomi gave out the statistics while giving an update of COVID-19 situation in the state on Friday. READ ALSO: Four More Patients of Coronavirus Discharged, Says Sanwo-Olu He said that Lagos has recorded 98 confirmed cases in six local governments. However, he said 24 patients have been discharged, bringing the number of active cases in the state to 74. See full list: 1) Eti-Osa – 47 2) Ikeja – 24 3) Lagos Mainland – 11 4) Alimosho – 1 5) Agege – 1 6)

Four More Patients of Coronavirus Discharged, Says Sanwo-Olu

Four more persons have recovered from coronavirus (COVID-19) and have been discharged in Lagos State. This brings the total number of people discharged in Nigeria to 24, while two deaths were recorded. The state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, announced in a tweet on Friday. He revealed that the patients, three females and one male were discharged from the Infectious Disease Hospital after testing negative twice. READ ALSO: Lagos discharges 11 coronavirus patients, as Akwa Ibom rejects NCDC reported 5 cases “This gives us a lot of hope as we continue to listen to our health experts and provide the resources to beat #COVID19”, the governor added. See Tweet Below: More great news from our Infectious Disease Hospital as 4 patients; 3 females and 1 male have recovered fully,

Lagos discharges 11 coronavirus patients, as Akwa Ibom rejects NCDC reported 5 cases

Eleven more people have recovered from coronavirus (COVID-19) and have been discharged in Lagos State. The state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, announced this in a series of tweets on Thursday. He revealed that the persons – two females and nine males – have fully recovered and have tested negative for COVID-19, weeks after they tested positive for the disease. Following their recovery, Sanwo-Olu revealed that the 11 persons were discharged from the government facility in Yaba to return home to their respective families. He thanked frontline health workers and other experts for their service in the bid to curtail the spread of the disease and treat infected persons. The governor, however, decried the community infections that have begun to surface, stressing that it was not the